Haven House employs over a dozen full- and part-time staff to provide the best case management and support services to homeless families. See a list of current Haven House staff
When staff positions become available, Haven House posts them here, as well as using a number of online job boards.
One of the best ways to start is by volunteering
: many staff members began as volunteers with Haven House.
Haven House is currently accepting applications for Interns for the Fall 2017 Semester! (September – December)
Prospective interns must be:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Development and Family Studies, Psychology, Social Work, or related Social Science field
- Current Junior or Senior Status
- Completing Internship for academic credit
Haven House interns will learn about the day-to-day operations of a non-profit, how the shelter system works, area resources that are available to low-income families, and how families transition from homelessness to housing.
Haven House Interns will follow a set curriculum. Duties will include:
- Working in the front office and answering phones, accepting donations, and handing out supplies to residents
- Leading volunteer groups and interacting with resident children in the Playroom
- Cooking dinner for shelter residents
- Helping staff set up a room in the shelter to prepare for a new family
- Cleaning a room in the shelter after a family has left
- Organizing and putting away donations
- Assisting case managers with daily tasks
- Planning family move nights, game nights, and crafts with the Volunteer & Special Projects Coordinator
If you are interested in an internship with Haven House, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Meghan Rhoades at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Only applicants who submit both a cover letter and a resume will be considered for an internship. 2-3 interns will be selected per semester.