Ingham County Food Bank Services
Our Food Pantry is part of the Ingham County Food Bank. If you wish to receive help with food at Haven House, and if you live or work in East Lansing:
- Call the Ingham County Food Bank at 517-393-4537
- They notify Haven House to provide a food order.
- If you drive, park at the east end of the building, near the loading zone and walk around to the front of the building. (It's easier to load the food at the loading area.)
- Bring proof of residency (ID, copy of license, utility bill)
- You will sign a form and receive a food order of various nonperishable food items.
Emergency Food Bank Services
Haven House offers emergency food assistance between the hours of 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm every Friday, Saturday and Sunday as well as Holidays when the Ingham County Food Bank is closed. To receive Emergency Food assistance:
1. Walk in to Haven House between the hours of 5:00 pm and 8:00 pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Holidays
2. Bring a valid ID and proof of residency (utility bill, lease, etc.)
3. Know the last 4 digits of the Social Security Number for each adult in the household.
4. You will sign a form and receive a food order
Eligibility is determined by the Ingham County Food Bank. Most persons are eligible to receive a full Food Bank Order once every 30 days as well as an Emergency Food Bank order once every 30 days.
We are located at the corner of Abbott Road and Whitehills Drive, right behind the post-office parking lot. Drive through the post-office parking lot into our parking lot, which is at the back of our building. The loading zone is at the far end of the building. Please call with any questions 8 am - 8 pm at 517-337-2731.