CareersHaven House employs full- and part-time staff to provide the best case management and support services to homeless families. See a list of current Haven House staff.
One of the best ways to start is by volunteering: many staff members began as volunteers with Haven House.To apply for an open employee position with Haven House: email your cover letter and resumé.
Looking for your next career? Haven House would like to meet you! We are currently searching for professionals who would like to work in a fun, fast paced environment serving homeless families.
We are currently hiring for a full-time Development Director!
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Full-Time, Salary, Exempt General Summary:
The Development Director leads Haven House’s fund development program. The Development Director plans, develops, and manages fund development processes and activities, to grow the donor base and increase fundraising capacity and revenues consistent with the goals and objectives of Haven House. The Development Director works in partnership with the Executive Director to plan and implement branding, grant-writing activities, manage external communications and public relations, and manage relationships with the Board of Directors. Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, develop, and implement the agency’s Fund Development Plan (FDP) and action steps to achieve agreed upon goals and objectives
- Supervises and works in partnership with the Communications Coordinator
- Meet with and provide presentations to community groups, businesses, and other organizations to further FDP objectives
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospective donors in accordance with the FDP objectives
- Identify foundations and corporate entities that may be potential contributors/sponsors and establish corporate giving grants, planned giving, individual donor campaigns, and other fund raising activities to be available mechanisms for giving
- Oversee the design and implementation of digital and print communications, solicitations, marketing and other communications
- Oversee the design, operation, and updating of donor data management systems for tracking donations, quantifying and projecting donor activity, providing customized and segmented solicitations, donation acknowledgments, and public recognition, and distributing other communications
- Manage donor acknowledgement process assuring timely, acknowledgement appropriate for the specific gift is provided to donor
- Oversee and manage fundraising events
- Oversee creation and management of website and social media content
- Oversee, manage, design and implement communications on behalf of Haven House
- Provide regular, ongoing reports on activities and the resulting outcomes
- Assist the agency’s Board of Directors to maximize the skills, talents and resources of its current members so the Board’s fundraising responsibility to the organization is enhanced in partnership with the Executive Director, plan, acquire and report on grants to further the mission of Haven House
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by the Executive Director
Education and Experience:
- Excellent communication including verbal and written
- Management of data
- Design and layout abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Efficient time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- Fundraising experience: Minimum of 3 years preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to access and navigate different areas of the shelter including second floor residential areas and lower level communal and storage areas
- Pass criminal background check
- Valid Michigan Driver’s License
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
- Health Insurance (includes medical, dental, and vision) *Eligible on 61st day of employment
- Group Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan (with 1% annual salary match)
- Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
To apply for an open position: Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .