Haven House employs over a dozen full- and part-time staff to provide the best case management and support services to homeless families. See a list of current Haven House staff.
When staff positions become available, Haven House posts them here, as well as using a number of online job boards.
One of the best ways to start is by volunteering: many staff members began as volunteers with Haven House.
Position: Development Director
Summary of Functions
Provides leadership to Haven House’s fund development programs. Plans, develops, and manages fund development activities, processes and programs to grow the donor base and increase the fund raising capacity of the organization consistent with the goals and objectives of Haven House. The Fund Development Director works in partnership with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, and the other Directors of Haven House as a member of the management team, and reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, and implement the agency’s Fund Development Plan (FDP) and action steps to achieve agreed upon goals and objectives
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospective major donors in accordance with the FDP objectives
- Identify foundations and corporate entities that may be potential contributors/sponsors
- Establish corporate giving grants, planned giving, individual donor campaigns, and other fund raising activities to be available mechanisms for giving
- Design and implement communications including annual mail solicitation programs, digital outreach, capital projects, and endowment programs
- Oversee the design, operation, updating of donor data contact and giving systems for providing thank you letters, distributing newsletters, and solicitation campaigns in support Haven House
- Manage donor acknowledgement process assuring timely, acknowledgement appropriate for the specific gift is provided to donor
- Manage current agency fund raising events
- Create and manage content on website and social media
- Design and implement communications on behalf of Haven House
- Work collaboratively with Office Manager to manage donor database
- Provide regular, ongoing reports on activities and the resulting outcomes
- Assist the agency’s Board of Directors to maximize the skills, talents and resources of its current members so the Board’s fundraising responsibility to the organization is enhanced
- Meet with/speak to community groups, businesses, and other organizations to increase the recognition and support of Haven House
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Evaluation of performance in the position is based on satisfactory performance of the duties and responsibilities described above. Evaluation metrics may include achievement of Fund Development Plan objectives including acquiring, retaining and developing donors, meeting fundraising goals and completing tasks as required.
Education and Other Qualifications for the Position
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a relevant field preferred
- Fundraising experience: Minimum of 3 years
- Pass Criminal background check
- Possess a valid Michigan Driver’s License
- Ability to develop, plan, carry out and fund raising programs and services
- Demonstrated fund raising success including events, major gifts, planned giving and securing of grants
- Maintenance of donor database and publisher software programs
- Relationship skills to recruit, engage and retain individual volunteers for a variety of fundraising tasks and responsibilities
- Creation of collaborative relationships with co-workers and board members
- Strong writing and public speaking skills for making fundraising presentations to individuals and groups, foundations and agencies
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org