Get Help

Haven House is a family homeless shelter serving one- and two-parent families with at least one child. If you are a mom or dad seeking temporary shelter and assistance finding a permanent home, call us now at (517) 337-2731. If you do not have access to a phone, this site allows free calls online.

If you are a single adult, a couple without children, or a minor without an adult gaurdian, see the resources below for options to fit your situation. Your first call should be to 211. The 211 system will help guide you to the resources that are right for you.

Links to Resources

Resource Hotline — Call 211

Maplewood Center (517) 485-7145 Single Women, Women & Children (No Boys Over 12), Call at 9am
City Rescue Mission (517) 485-0145 Single Men, Call at 9am
Volunteers of America (517) 484-4414 Single Men, Single Women, Children
Loaves and Fishes (517) 482-2099 Single Men, Single Women
VOA Hotel Program (517) 489-5286
E.V.E. (517) 372-5572 Single Women, Women & Children
MSU Safe Place (517) 355-1100 Domestic Violence Shelter
Hannah's House (517) 482-5856 Pregnant Women
Gateway Youth Services (877) 833-3689 Runaway and Homeless Youth, 12-21
Homeless Angels (844) 464-6635

Becka Management (517) 669-9706 Section 8 Housing Agent
MSHDA (517) 373-8370 Michigan State Housing Development Authority
Lansing Housing Commission (517) 487-6550
Ingham County Housing Commission (517) 349-1643

Haven House respects the confidentiality of all residents residing at the shelter. We rarely share client-specific information, and when we do it is under the following guidelines: