Haven House provides basic needs for the families in our shelter, and for those families in our Partners in Progress program who have moved into their own homes. These items are occasionally purchased, but much of what our families receive was generously donated by members of the community.
Haven House accept donations every day of the year between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Where do I drop off donations?
If you or a group are looking to host a donation drive for Haven House, take a look at our additional needs items below or contact our Volunteer & Special Projects Coordinator.
Urgent Needs (January-March 2019)
- African American Hair Care Products: leave-in conditioner, shampoo, detangler, conditioner
- Shea Moisture
- Carol's Daughter
- OTC Adult Cold & Flu Medicine
- OTC Children's Cold Medicine
- OTC Infant Pain Medication
- OTC Pain Medication
- OTC Allergy Medication
- Mops/Mop Buckets
- Toilet Brushes
- Hand sanitizer
- Liquid Hand Soap
- Laundry Detergent
- Food Storage Containers
- Baby Wipes & Baby Formula
- Diapers (All sizes, especially 5 and 6)
- Quart-Size Ziploc Bags
- Over-the-Counter Medications
- 13-Gallon Tall Kitchen Garbage Bags
- 33-Gallon and 39-Gallon Garbage Bags
- Fabric Softener Sheets
- Mops, Brooms and Dustpans
- Sponges/Scrubbing Pads
- Glass Cleaner
When donated, these items are given to families as they move out of the shelter into their own permanent, affordable housing. A household items drive is a great way to help out families.
- Can Opener
- Dishes (Plates, Bowls, Cups, Pitchers, etc.)
- Bed Sheets
- Bath towels
- Cooking Pots and Pans
- Brooms and Dustpans
- Sponges/Scrubbing Pads
- Sponge-Type Mops
- General Cleaners (e.g. Comet, Spic & Span, Simple Green)
- Coffee/Tea Pots
These items are used by residents while in the shelter and also, when available, given to families as they move into permanent housing. Unfortunately we can no longer accept travel-sized items.
- Bar Soap, Body Wash
- Shampoos & Conditioners
- Lip Balm
- Hand Lotion
- Hairbrushes & Combs
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- Deodorant (Men's & Women's)
- African-American Hair Products
- Adult, Children & Infant Cough & Cold Medicine
- Motrin or Tylenol (or Generics)
- Children's or Infant's Tylenol (or Generic)
- Antibiotic Creams
- Orajel (for Toothaches)
- Facial Tissue
- Diapers, Pull Ups, Wipes
- New Socks and Underwear (Men, Women, Children, All Sizes)
- Shaving Cream
Items we do not accept:
Because of our very limited space, there are some items that we are not able to take.
- Travel-sized personal care items
- Prescription medication
- Computer Equipment - Please call (517) 337-2731 if you believe you have something we can use!
Thank you for your support of homeless families in temporary shelter seeking permanent housing.