If you or a group are looking to host an items drive for Haven House and would like an idea of what to ask for, take a look at our additional needs items below or contact our Volunteer & Special Projects Coordinator.
Thanks to the generosity of our community we can no longer accept donations of clothing at this time.
Clothing may be dropped off at the VOA Donation Center just east of Abbott on the south side of Saginaw.
Used sheets, blankets and towels may still be donated.
We accept donations every day of the year between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Where do I drop off donations?
Urgent Needs March-May 2018)
- Children’s Toothpaste
- Kitchen Garbage Bags
- Hand Soap
- Toilet Paper
- Body Wash
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Paper Towel
- All Purpose Cleaner
- Shaving Creme
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Cleaning Sponges
- Size 4, 5, & 6 Diapers & Wipes
- Size 4T & 5T pull-ups
- Size Small and Medium Goodnights
- OTC cold medicine
- Liquid Hand Soap
- Laundry Detergent
- Food Storage Containers
- Baby Wipes & Baby Formula
- Diapers — all sizes (especially 5 and 6)
- Quart-Size Ziploc Bags
- Over-the-Counter Medications
- 13-Gallon Tall Kitchen Garbage Bags
- 33-Gallon and 39-Gallon Garbage Bags
- Fabric Softener Sheets
- Mops, brooms and dustpans
- Sponges/Scrubbing Pads
- Glass Cleaner
When donated, these items are given to families as they move out of the shelter into their own permanent, affordable housing. A household items drive is a great way to help out families.
- Can Opener
- Dishes - Plates, Bowls, Cups, Pitchers, etc.
- Bed Sheets
- Bath towels
- Cooking Pots and Pans
- Silverware• Brooms and Dustpans
- Sponges/Scrubbing Pads
- Sponge-Type Mops
- General Cleaners - (e.g. Comet, Spic&Span, Simple Green)
- Coffee/Tea Pots
These items are used by residents while in the shelter and also, when available, given to families as they move into permanent housing. Unfortunately we can no longer accept travel-sized items.
- Bar Soap, Body Wash
- Shampoos & Conditioners
- Lip Balm
- Hand Lotion
- Hairbrushes & Combs
- Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- Deodorant--Men & Women
- African-American Hair Products
- Adult, Children & Infant Cough & Cold Medicine
- Motrin or Tylenol (or generics)
- Children's or Infant's Tylenol (or generic)
- Antibiotic Creams
- Orajel (for toothaches)
- Facial Tissue• Diapers, Pull Ups, Wipes
- New Socks and Underwear (Men, Women, Children, All Sizes)
- Shaving Cream
Items we do not accept:
Because of our very limited space, there are some items that we are not able to take.
- Travel-sized personal care items
- Prescription medication
- Furniture - Please Call to Arrange Possible Pickup and Delivery
- Computer Equipment (unless you have specifically checked with a staff member in advance to verify that it is something that we can use)
Thank you for your support of homeless families in temporary shelter seeking permanent housing.